Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Wedding Attendant Gifts

Your wedding party traditionally consists of the most important friends and people in your life. They have been there for you through the years. Your bridesmaids and groomsmen have listened to your romance woes, helped you make the right choices, and have scurried around to assist you during your wedding planning.

They’re shelling out hundreds to be in your wedding and you’re supposed to give them a gift at the event to show your thanks. You are spending thousands of dollars on the wedding and when you give those gifts they are just so...lame.

The wedding attendant gift is your chance to not only say thanks, but also to show these girls and guys that you really know them and what they like. I was a bridesmaid in a wedding where I swear the bride and groom went to an outlet store and got everyone the cheapest gifts in the place. I know it's the thought that counts, but there wasn't any thought in there! I mean, who gives a junior bridesmaid a hip flask?

To show your appreciation, be creative. Just remember, the gift you give should suit the personalities of your friends and your relationship with them. For example, the groomsmen are all sports fans - get them sporting event tickets. Or your bridesmaids and you go ga-ga over the "GooGoo Dolls" - find tickets to a concert and all of you go together as a post-wedding celebration!

One friend gave me "The Joy of Cooking" since she knew I loved to cook. I still use it to this day and it reminds me of her. All the groomsmen from that wedding got BBQ grill sets.

My cousin gave me a photo keepsake box with a unique piece of jewelry she had created. She gave her other bridesmaids equally lovely and unique pieces, but all wrapped up in separate types of boxes.

One of the nicest gifts I received as a bridesmaid was a heartfelt friendship card from the bride thanking me for being her friend. In it was a membership card for the World Wildlife Fund and a gift card. It was a thoughtful way for the bride to show she remembered my love of animals and shopping.

Make those wedding attendant gifts personal and show your love for the people who love you. It will make your wedding so much better!

No comments: