I am currently planning a wedding for a bride that wants to have a tent wedding ceremony and reception. Many people dream about having a lovely tent wedding and think it will be cheaper; however a lot of people forget to take into account all of the items that are needed to have one.
Here are few items that can rob your wedding budget:
- Tent – One of the biggest expenses of a tent wedding. There are a lot of different options to choose from, so knowing what type of wedding you are having will help you decide what type of tent you want. To get a more formal look, add a flowing tent liner or fabric from the tent ceiling. Be prepared to spend between $1,500 and $2,000 for a 150 guest wedding.
- Tent Extras – Do you want walls on your tent? If so keep in mind those cost extra. Do you want the poles to be in plain sight? If not ,make sure you don't forget to add pole covers to your wedding tent order.
- Tables – You need to order not only the 8-top tables for the guests, but also the tables for the head table, buffet/serving stations, cake table and gift table.
- Chairs – These can get pricey because they are one of the few items that you need to rent for every single person. Now on average, nice folding chairs cost $3; however be prepared to spend a minimum of $8 for chiavari chairs.
- Flooring – Again, another hefty price tag item. There are 2 options for flooring. You can either only rent flooring for the dance floor or you can rent flooring for the entire tent wedding. Now there are some wedding themes where having the grass around is a perfect complement, but if you are having a formal affair or a decent amount of elderly people, a tent floor might be the way to go.