Many think that choosing your wedding hairstyle is not that big of a deal... but it is. Lots of brides stress over this, and I think it's perfectly normal to do so. This is the one day when you want to look perfect, and your hairstyle will really pull together your overall look. The pictures from your wedding are pictures you are going to have up and around your house forever. It is your only wedding day and you want to look your absolute best.
Your wedding hairstyle is something you should begin to think about soon after you get engaged. Seems silly, but it is something you want to make sure you get right. Below are a few tips to keep in mind when thinking about and planning for your wedding hairstyle.
Wedding Hairstyle Tips
- Search online and through magazines for wedding hairstyles that you like
- Bring pictures of the styles you like to your stylist
- Schedule a trial run appointment to test out a few of your select wedding hairstyles
- Take a friend(s) with you to get multiple opinions
- Choose your hairstyle before you get your wedding accessories - Do not choose too many accessories
- Begin growing your hair out if the styles you like need long hair
Nowadays there are many women who get their hair colored, highlighted and lowlighted. When it comes to your wedding day, playing it safe with your hair color is the best way to go. This is definitely not the time to be toying around with the idea of getting a new color.
- Choose a hairstyle/color that fits you
As you get closer to your wedding day there are a few things you will want to make sure you do:
- Schedule at least 1 practice hairstyle run with the stylist that will be doing your hair the day of your wedding
- Make sure you are keeping your hair healthy with regular trims and hair care products
- Be sure to wear a button down shirt while getting your hair done the day of the wedding so you won't have to pull your top off over your head
There are a lot of ways you can go about finding different wedding hairstyles, but I find that searching online can be the fastest and give you some of the greatest ideas. Now you can just search in Google for "wedding hairstyles" and look in the image results; however sometimes sites do not have their images set-up to show in these results. So I would also look at some websites that have great wedding hairstyle pictures and tips. Below I have listed 3 websites that I think have some good stuff, but there are a lot out there.
The Knot has a great wedding hair gallery section where you can look through pages of wedding hairstyles.
Here are a few different styles from their gallery:
The Wedding Channel
Another great site that can help you decide what wedding hairstyle you are going to choose is the Wedding Channel. They have a few pages that can help a bride in need.
Here are some of their helpful guides:
- How to Match your Veil to your Wedding Hairstyle
- Formal Wedding Hairstyle Galleries
- Hair Accessories Gallery
The Model Bride website has a section devoted to many different wedding hairstyles. What's nice is that they separate the hairstyles into categories to help you.
Some of their categories are:
There are things that will go wrong on your wedding day, and on that day it seems like it's the worst thing that could happen, but over the years you will forget about it. However, if you choose to make drastic changes to your hair or color or hairstyle, those pictures will last forever.
Hope some of this information helped you. Happy styling!