Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Wonder and Woo of Weddings

Weddings are a favorite topic of mine because I have been involved in so many over the years. My first wedding experience was at the ripe old age of three and I have to admit, I was the quintessential flower girl. I even have a cute picture of me smirking -probably the best picture of me ever taken!

Anyway, I love weddings and all the hoopla that accompanies them. This year alone I am going to several different types of weddings. One is a backyard casual affair, another is super formal with many events above and beyond the bridal shower, and another is a winter affair right after Christmas. I'm even going to a wedding where the ceremony is in a church on one day and the reception is in another city the next. Yet another is going to be a Las Vegas wedding affair. The list goes on and on. Frankly it is going to be a very hectic six months or so!

But sharing the different aspects of these events is going to be quite fun in this blog. We can talk about wedding dresses, wedding rings, wedding gifts and registering for them, wedding decorations, wedding invitations, and so much more.

Weddings are a cause for celebration, but they can be stressful and I hope that we can ease those stresses together with helpful suggestions and outlooks.

I am a real fan of the whole extravaganza, so even if a wedding is simple there are quite a few elements that are essential to making it a special day – wedding dresses, wedding cakes, flower girls, bridesmaids, and of course the bride and groom. Whether the wedding dress is a simple or complex, the cake is designed by the ultimate cake maker in the country or by the groom’s sister, the invitations are printed from home of professionally designed, a professional photographer is engaged, or everyone has a camera on the table to take shots, there is something special happening that will be remembered forever.

The most important thing I have always felt about weddings is that they should reflect the couple getting married. Here we'll discuss how to do that using the wonder of wedding woo, and how to make weddings memorable!

No comments: